Found this wicked map of the land mass of the planet laid out without the oceans.
Archive for January, 2005
I’ve joined the Web Standards Group .
Not particularly inspired piccies, but it gives you some idea….
Tash – Ben – Craig
These guys were cool too, but I can’t remember their name…
OG on stage (who I met once in London…)
Awesome weekend – brilliant weather and good vibes all around. It was a small festival – there were apparently less than 1800 tickets available, but that was excellent as during the day the beach side venue didn’t feel over-crowded. Stand out performances from Trinity Roots and Kora, and OG on Sunday was also wicked.
Unfortunately I missed Shapeshifter who by all accounts were amazing. We did briefly meet their MC – he is one cool dude.
Off to Kaikoura Roots Festival this weekend. It is held on the weekend that statistically has the best weather of the year. Touch wood.
The view from the new place this morning, looking north:
And looking west-ish:
I love this town….
Watching a film called Roger Dodger. I can see why some people liked this, but it’s risky making a film with a main character that is a twat/arse. Roger is supposed to have a type of charm but it is lost on me. He is less annoying than at the start of the film. The film is completely absurd. Swingers covers the similar ground of ‘picking up girls’ but it is funny and charismatic. This was described as a ‘black comedy’, but this is just sad….
My people/things of 2004:
- Ben Goodger, lead developer of Firefox
- Firefox, the browser
- Space Ship One
- Wigan, Maida Vale’s celebrity cat
- Wireless Broadband at home
- Best film of the year? Well, maybe not the best but I really liked it: Elephant, by Gus Van Sant.
- Quote of the year: “If they don’t have the guts, I call them girlie men.” – Arnie
The worst of 2004:
- The Lone Ranger, George Dubya and his nutcase extremist partners in war and hatred, regardless of their religious persuasion, race or nationality.
- Brian Tamaki, evil overlord of get rich quick scheme Destiny Church
- The proposed corporate logo for the flag of NZ
- Worst film of the year? Hmm, I’ll go for “Lost in Translation”. People who like this film, I call them girlie men.